PUB NOTES BLOG UPDATES FIRST BY THURSDAY MONTHLY
Maryland College Town: One of the Most Educated States in the Nation, By Chris Plater, MC Publisher
Maryland collegians – more than 500,000 strong. Now is the time. Is it easier to plan for the future and dream about the past than to live consciously in the present? Now really is the time.
An old adage finishes that passage with, to come to the aid of your country. Even with federal jobs frozen earlier this year, internships were not. America needs sharp minds. No doubt. And Maryland has more than 20 federal agencies right in our own backyard.
Welcome to Maryland, Definitely a College Town
Need an answer? Since you are attending school in one of the most educated states in the nation, why not make the most of local career and supportive lifestyle resources? Maryland is a college town with almost 70 accredited colleges, universities, and educational centers statewide.
Content Updates & Prize Drawings
- Many of our pages update copy by the first Thursday of the month.
- MC Blog, linked from our homepage and the footer of each page, updates several times a month.
- We count on reasonable updates to third-party experts sites linked on career and lifestyle pages.
- We also enter student subscribers in monthly drawings for visa gift cards and products made in Maryland and will also offer special drawings for all subscribers from time to time.
- The Noun. “An occupation undertaken for a significant period of a person’s life and with opportunities for progress.”
- The Verb. “Move swiftly and in an uncontrolled way in a specific direction.”
- …and that’s what happened….
- Live to work. Work to live. Grab a little gusto every day. You are what you eat. Luck don’t fail me now! Fail to plan, plan to fail.
- What’s it going to be?
- Try, try again.
- Though summer’s waning, there’s still both time and opportunity for bright moments. Campus Planner and Leisure Linkscan hook you up.
Welcome to the launch of Maryland Collegian, the online resource guide. We first hailed as Baltimore Collegian Magazine in the mid-80’s, publishing in hard copy once each semester for college students in Baltimore City and Baltimore County. With the advent of the Internet, we were able to serve campuses all over the state as Maryland Collegian, the online magazine.
Now, as a resource guide, we are able to increase the range of subject matter experts, opinion leaders, jacks of all trades, as well as masters of slim to none now and then that we can bring to you through links on the site to third-party sources.
Marty Lanham, University of Maryland College Park alum, has worked with me on the editorial side of things all that time. We extend very special thanks Marty and also, this year:
To Ryan Murphy, University of Baltimore alum, Class of 2016, for developing our awesome online resource guide format and designing most of our campus outreach materials.
To Cody Dorsey, St. Mary’s College Fall 2017 graduating senior, serving as Campus Outreach Manager and an all around asset to MC on the content side of things this coming semester.
My own career includes academic or administrative tenure at four east coast universities, including Towson University and the University of Maryland Baltimore here in the state. I have also completed formal and informal coursework at Anne Arundel Community College, Baltimore City Community College, the Community Colleges of Baltimore County, Goucher College, Hagerstown Community College, Harford Community College, Johns Hopkins University, and the University of Maryland College Park.
Yes, I have visited every college in Maryland at one time or another. Each month when we post our first Thursday updates, I’ll do a “shout out” on the campuses we’ve visited the prior month until we’ve touched each one again. When we get to goal, we’ll celebrate with you, Maryland collegians.
2016-2017 Maryland Collegian Shout Out!
Campus Visits Year-to-Date | Harford Community College, Community Colleges of Baltimore County | Goucher College | Johns Hopkins University | Morgan State University | Stevenson University | Towson University | University of Baltimore | University of Maryland Baltimore | Wor-Wic College |