Running out of time to file your taxes? Don’t tarry. Delinquent tax filings or payments could cost you more money. Here are two links on filing for extensions:
Ignorance is not bliss. You may need help understanding your tax obligations if any of your questions are on this FAQs list.
- Do I have to pay taxes on my scholarship, fellowship, or grant?
- How about if I don’t have a job?
- What if I’m retired and just collecting social security and a pension?
- What happens if I owe and don’t file?
- What happens if I owe and don’t pay?
The Comptroller of Maryland’s Office of Compliance and the IRS offer insight on what you might face here and in other states.